Thursday, June 19, 2008

I was born a poor black child

Last night I watched The Jerk. It's really funny

Yesterday I went to the supermarket with a friend to get food. For the most part it was just like any store we have in the states. But then we go to the meat section and it was like a whole new world. In the states everything is always cleaned and pre-packaged, but here the meat section is like a real butcher shop.

There are huge hunks of all different kinds of meat just sitting in the window. If you want something you ask the person to cut you some of it and boom there it is. The coolest thing though was the rabbits. They had whole de-furred rabbits.

At first I couldn't tell what they were, but I noticed the long ears and it hit me. These used to be cut little things jumping around in someones yard. I wish that American stores had cooler meat sections...

1 comment:

Anna said...

Yay! Two new posts when I visited your blog! Keep 'em comin' Cuz! I assume since you've seen the conejos in the market you've also see the huge pig legs too... those are actually pretty good. I think they smoke them or something. A lot of times the meat is thinly sliced an served as Tapas.